A Life of Distinction Begins Here
新皇冠体育APP下载the honors program was designed to give high-achieving students the opportunity for advanced study in their chosen curriculum with one-on-one guidance from experienced faculty. students who participate in the honors program prove that they have the aptitude and determination to perform above and beyond the call of duty and are highly attractive to employers and major universities.
The Honors Edge
新皇冠体育APP下载honors students have exclusive access to
- Scholarship opportunities (including full-tuition scholarships),
- Transfer partnerships with honors programs at select universities,
- Letters of recommendation from key SMC faculty,
- Transcript designation and special recognition at commencement,
- Priority registration, and
- On-campus and community service opportunities, including the annual Honors Program Service Project.
新皇冠体育APP下载cassopolis graduate aidan traynor’s involvement in the honors program led to a 10-week fellowship at the university of michigan (u-m). after graduating from smc, aidan transferred to u-m and earned her bachelor’s degree. she is now in law school at the university of detroit mercy with a fellowship.
Advantages for Life
participating in the honors program is a smart way to stand out in a competitive landscape. transfer schools and future employers want to know what you’re capable of. the honors program at smc is a way to demonstrate your ability to exceed expectations and to be held to a higher standard.
while in the honors program, jeremiah wilson of edwardsburg participated in the environmental research group, researching the effects heavy metal pollutants have on the growth of a variety of plants. this research took him to the american chemical society’s national conference in san francisco where he presented in the undergraduate poster session. he is currently studying at northland college, a liberal arts college in wisconsin focused on the environment and sustainability, with plans to continue research pertaining to water purification.
Real World Research
新皇冠体育APP下载all honors students are given the opportunity to participate in original research with honors faculty members. previous honors research projects include
- The effects of red meat on the environment,
- Removing toxic heavy metals from water,
- Analyzing lead in hair samples,
- Cost accounting in home construction,
- The impacts of technology on human relationships,
- Using calculus to analyze unemployment data.
Dual Enrollment Honors Opportunities
Dual enrolled students are also eligible to participate in the Honors Program. Read more about dual enrollment Honors opportunities here.
Taking the Next Steps
a chance to tackle challenging, relevant topics. an opportunity to stand out to transfer schools and future employers. it all begins here.